The Ohio Homebuyer Plus program, supported by the Treasurer’s office, provides tax-advantaged savings accounts for Ohioans to use on their homebuying journey. By opening an account, participants gain access to above-market interest rates and may qualify for certain Ohio state income tax deductions.
Ohio Homebuyer Account Benefits
- High Dividend Rates: Enjoy up to 50.00% APY* for balances up to $2,500.00 with the Ohio Homebuyer Plus Account for maximum savings.
- Closing Cost Support: Finance your mortgage with us and receive up to $3,000** towards closing costs.
- Credit Building Tips: Get personalized tips to strengthen your financial profile for future homeownership.
*See current dividend rates: Click Here
What Are The Requirements?
- Residency and Age: Participants must be Ohio residents aged 18 or older at the time of account opening.
- Deposit Range: Deposit between $100 and $100,000 into a designated account.
- Account Duration: The Homebuyer Plus savings account must be kept open for a minimum of 6 months.
- Account Limit: Only one account can be open per individual across all financial institutions.
- Funds Usage: Funds must be utilized within 5 years for the purchase of a home in Ohio.
- Review Requirement: Individuals are required to review the Ohio Homebuyer Plus participation statement before opening an account through the program.
Review the participation statement: Click Here
**Homebuyer plus account must be open for a minimum of 6 months to qualify for the credit. A credit of up to $3,000 will be applied towards eligible closing costs on a first position purchase mortgage originated with Pathways Financial Credit Union. The home and borrower must meet all the eligibility requirements as outlined in the Ohio Homebuyer Plus Participation Statement, as issued by the State of Ohio, and Pathways underwriting guidelines. FHA and VA mortgages are excluded from the promotion. The credit has no cash value, and any unused funds will be forfeited. Credit will not count towards pre-paid fees, mortgage insurance, or non-customary closing costs. Limit one credit per mortgage transaction and no more than 1 credit per household per 3 years. Credit cannot be combined with any other offers, discounts, or coupons. Additional restrictions may apply, speak to a mortgage loan officer for details Pathways reserves the right to change this program at any time.
High Dividend Rates
Closing Cost Support
Credit Building Tips
Open an Ohio Homebuyers Plus AccountOpen Account
Review Our Frequently Asked QuestionsFrequently Asked Questions
Questions? Contact Us
You're About to Leave the Pathways Credit Union Website